- How do I upgrade from one version of SpiraTest, SpiraPlan, SpiraTeam or KronoDesk to a newer version?
To upgrade to the latest version of SpiraTest, SpiraPlan, SpiraTeam or KronoDesk you need to obtain the latest installation package (.msi) and matching license key. Then you install it over the top of the existing installation (please backup database first just in case) and it will upgrade the application and database for you.
- Where do I get the updated license key and download for SpiraTest, SpiraPlan, SpiraTeam or KronoDesk?
To get the latest installation package and license key, you just need to login to the customer area of our website (CustomerArea) and download the new .msi installation package and license key.
- What happens if the upgrade of SpiraTest, SpiraPlan, SpiraTeam or KronoDesk fails to complete and gives an error message?
If an error happens during the upgrade process, don't panic, the installer will have made a complete backup of the database before beginning the upgrade. Just contact Inflectra Customer Support and they will help you get the new version up and running.
- When trying to upgrade SpiraTest, SpiraPlan, SpiraTeam or KronoDesk, the installer says that it cannot find the database tables?
When upgrading FROM versions v2.2 or earlier of SpiraTest, SpiraPlan, or SpiraTeam the installation utility assumes that the database name matches the name of the database user and schema. If your database name does NOT match the schema/user name, then the easiest solution will be to rename the database to match the schema/user. Then you can run the installer and it will detect the tables successfully. Versions v2.3 and later of SpiraTest, SpiraPlan, or SpiraTeam no longer have this issue.
- After upgrading my installation of SpiraTest, SpiraPlan, SpiraTeam or KronoDesk, it gives a 'Login Failed' error message?
If you get this error after upgrading your installation and you are using SQL Server Authentication, it usually just means that the database password for the SpiraTest, SpiraPlan, SpiraTeam or KronoDesk database login does not match the one stored in the C:\Program Files (x86)\[Application Name]\Web.Config file. If you update the password in this file so that it matches the one in the database, it should fix the error message.
- What versions of Spira and KronoDesk can be upgraded directly to the latest version?
For this information, please refer to the table below:
| Current Version (TO)|| Older versions that can be upgraded directly (FROM)|
| SpiraTest, SpiraPlan, SpiraTeam|
|5.x||4.2, 4.1, 4.0, 3.2|
|4.2||4.1, 4.0, 3.2, 3.1, 3.0|
|4.1||4.0, 3.2, 3.1, 3.0|
|4.0||3.2, 3.1, 3.0, 2.3.1, 2.3|
|3.2||3.1, 3.0, 2.3.1, 2.3, 2.2, 2.1|
|3.0||2.0, 1.1, 1.0|
|4.0||3.0, 2.0, 1.1, 1.0|
* You can upgrade indirectly if a direct path is not listed. For example to upgrade from SpiraTest v2.3.1 to v4.2, you would first upgrade from SpiraTest v2.3.1 > v3.2 and then upgrade from SpiraTest v3.2 > v4.2.