Checking to see if Disabled
Sometimes Excel, Word or Project will disable an add-in if it takes a while to load, causing the Spira Add-In to be listed under the 'Disabled Items' in the Options > AddIns dialog box. To re-enable an item listed as disabled, click on the Manage [Disabled Items] option from the dropdown list and then click the [Go] button. Then selected the disabled item and choose [Enable]. You will need to restart the Office application for the change to take effect.
Enabling Advanced Logging
The 'VSTO_SUPPRESSDISPLAYALERTS' windows environment variable can be set for enabling detailed Excel/Word/Project and VSTO (Visual Studio Tools for Office) error messages when loading VSTO add-ins.
Steps to set the VSTO_SUPPRESSDISPLAYALERTS variable
1. Close all Microsoft Office products
2. Select Computer Properties:
- Clcik Windows Start
- Right-click on Computer and select 'Properties'
3. Locate System Properties dialog by selecting 'Advanced System Setting'
4. Select environment variables
5. Select 'New' and enter 'VSTO_SUPPRESSDISPLAYALERTS' with a value of zero (0).
6. Click 'OK' and restart Microsoft Excel/Word/Project
7. Go to Options\AddIns in Excel/Word/Project and try and enable the Spira Addin. You should now get the full error of why the addin is not loading.
Send the full message to Inflectra support.