Export Word Doc Requirements to Spirateam - Into existing Project Hierarchy - Bespoke Position.

Monday, June 22, 2015 1:43:42 PM

Hi.

We have an existing Project that has been manually input. This has many existing requirements with some place holders for import of my requirements that exist in a MS Word document in separate sections.

I can successfully import the sections of word document requirements utilising the export addin and Style mapping. However ...

My problem is how do I direct the import to chain into the existing project structure. Just doing an import seems to Tag the imported requirements to the end ? (Which is not where I want them to be)

Is this possible to target the existing place markers ? For instance a particular "Component" ?

Or is it possible to move a chain of requirements from the end to a specific place ?

Many Thanks.

Nich

1 Replies
Monday, June 29, 2015 3:04:00 AM
re: nicholas.hill on Monday, June 22, 2015 1:43:42 PM
Hi Nicholas

The MS-Word Add-In only has the ability to append the requirements at the end of the hierarchy rather than import them at a specific point.
So you'd need to import them into SpiraTeam and then once they are in the system, you can then drag and drop (or use Edit > Cut, Edit > Paste) to move the branch into the correct location, post-import.

Regards
Jim
Statistics
  • Started: Monday, June 22, 2015 1:43:42 PM
  • Last Reply: Monday, June 29, 2015 3:04:00 AM
  • Replies: 1
  • Views: 7217