Importing from EA

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 7:27:00 AM
Hello

There are several items that would help make the Requirements import from EnterpriseArchitet (EA) into SpiraTest (ST) much more useful than it currently is.
  • Grouping requirements under packages in EA ought to be imported as Requirements (Package) and child requirements. As it is, it means a ton of 'massaging' of the requirements in SpiraTest into an appropriate hierarchy.
  • Improve the field mapping between EA & ST so that users can map any field in the requirement AND tagged values as well. At the moment only the Name, Description, Importance & Author are imported which, again, requires a ton of massaging of the requirements list.
  • In EA's Project Browser it is possible to create parent > child requirement relationships ... it would be helpful if this parent > child relationship was also imported correctly to ST ... at the moment only the Parent is imported
    • In EA there is a 'parent' req. "Data Fields" with 3 children of Handle Time, Incident ID, Interaction ID ... only the Parent 'Data Fields' was imported into ST
A much closer integration between ST & EA would make using both these tools a lot more enjoyable as well as useful. 
Otherwise I end having to spend too much time 'fixing' data between the two applications trying to keep the requirements information & hierarchy up to date.
2 Replies
Wednesday, October 17, 2012 5:14:22 PM
re: Merida on Wednesday, October 17, 2012 7:27:00 AM

Hi Jonathan

Thanks so much for the feedback on our EA integration with SpiraTest, I have logged this as an enhancement suggestion for the system.

Regards

Adam

Monday, November 5, 2012 1:14:52 AM
re: inflectra.adam on Wednesday, October 17, 2012
Hi Adam

Would it be possible to interface with Rational Requirement Composer as well?

This RCC suits software requirements rather than DOORs - I checked with IBM, DOORs is more orientated towards construction / building (statement from IBM support).

Cheers
J
Statistics
  • Started: Wednesday, October 17, 2012 7:27:00 AM
  • Last Reply: Monday, November 5, 2012 1:14:52 AM
  • Replies: 2
  • Views: 3783