Creating Testcases for a testset with a Custom Automation Engine

Tuesday, January 10, 2017 8:27:03 PM
We currently have a Spira testset, with no testcases, that points to a test script which details all of the testcases to be run with our custom automation engine. Since, there are no testcases defined on the initial testset, is there a way to create testcases for the testset on the server, within a custom extension? Once this is done, the results of each testcase, defined in the testscript, can be uploaded to the corresponding testcases that were just generated on the spira server. I could make calls over the rest api to acheive this. However, if the functionality exists natively already; I would prefer that route.

Also, where is the documentation for the SDK? I can't seem to easily find it.
1 Replies
Wednesday, January 11, 2017 7:07:10 PM
re: gjackson on Tuesday, January 10, 2017 8:27:03 PM
Hi Garvey

The SDK is designed to get a group of created test runs that are generated by RemoteLaunch from the test set (and its test cases). You can certainly do what you want, I would not recommend using RemoteLaunch or a custom extension. Instead I would natively call our SOAP or REST APIs to dynamically create the test cases on the fly and then send back the results. I think that will be easier and actually less work.

Regards

Jim
Statistics
  • Started: Tuesday, January 10, 2017 8:27:03 PM
  • Last Reply: Wednesday, January 11, 2017 7:07:10 PM
  • Replies: 1
  • Views: 683