Cannot add "high-level" requirement to sprint

Thursday, February 21, 2019

Hello,

I have not used the Agile development features of SpiraTeam much at all.  Here's my situation.  I have an incident, and I have created one high-level (hierarchical structure) requirement that has four actual (sub) requirements.  I need to create a task "somewhere" that encompasses the documentation required for all of these requirements -- they are related and will be implemented together.

The problem I have is that I can add the "sub-requirements" to the planning board's sprint, but I can't assign the "high-level" requirement to the sprint.  I would like to add the documentation task to the high-level requirement.  I could create a task and add it to the Incident -- I guess.

Thanks for any help.

Mike.

1 Replies
Saturday, February 23, 2019
re: mikeearl Thursday, February 21, 2019

Hi Mike,

You should be able to add tasks to both the higher-level requirements and the lowest level (typically a user story). You can also assign the higher level requirement to a specific sprint/iteration, but you may need to actually click on it and assign the release, vs. drag and dropping.

Also we are doing a webinar series on using SpiraTeam for agile projects right now.

Regards

Jim

Statistics
  • Started: Thursday, February 21, 2019
  • Last Reply: Saturday, February 23, 2019
  • Replies: 1
  • Views: 138