Thread

Skip Navigation LinksForums > SpiraTeam Forums > SpiraTeam Issues & Questi... > Customizing a notificatio...

Customizing a notification template to combine test set and test case artifact information RSS Feed

Friday, August 26, 2011
Is there a way to customize a notification template to provide information from both testcase and test set artifacts so that one notification email is sent with the results of a test case?  Even more perfect is to only include the information if the results is not passed.

Overview:
I have an automated framework designed to:
- create a test run based on test set
- create an element based on the list of test cases within the test set
- process
- update test set with the latest release and execution status
- update the test run with the results.
- My desire is on completion, send a notification with the following information...
test set notification template information, release, testcase info of only failed tests.

Thank you.
4 Replies
Margaret D ThomasMargaret D Thomas
re: Margaret D Thomas on Friday, August 26, 2011
Friday, August 26, 2011
I found a report that calculates the # of passed and failed in a test set summary report.  Any way to get include these values in the notification?  That will work too.
Adam SAdam S
Friday, August 26, 2011
Not currently I'm afraid, only certain fields are available in the notifications templating system. Can you email us a support ticket with the enhancement request?
re: Adam S on Friday, August 26, 2011
Friday, September 16, 2011
I found this page on how to create an in-memory PDF report and send via an email.  This is a decent work around for me where I want one report to send the actual pass/fail results to the tester.  Right now SpiraTeam does not support the ability to send 1 report with the pass/fail results from a test run.

http://vangjee.wordpress.com/2010/11/02/how-to-create-an-in-memory-pdf-report-and-send-as-an-email-attachment-using-itext-and-java/
Friday, September 16, 2011
Here is a simpler solution, http://stackoverflow.com/questions/848794/sending-email-in-java-using-apache-commons-email-libs

If you use maven you have to add the apache libraries.
Tagged
Statistics
  • Started: 8/26/2011
  • Last Reply: 9/16/2011
  • Replies: 4
  • Views: 1169