Thread

Skip Navigation LinksForums > SpiraTeam Forums > SpiraTeam Issues & Questi... > Sub component's versions

Sub component's versions RSS Feed

Thursday, November 1, 2012
Hi,

Could you please confirm following:

It is impossible to manage different components inside one project. F.e. project contains 2 subcomponents, back-end and front-end. They are built separately, but working together as system.
I want to track development and testing statuses of both components inside one project. Also I want to check build status for every component. 
As for now I see some limitations:
- Releases are numbered consequentially, even they have different names. So there is common numbering space for releases inside one project.
- Jenkins can be linked to the project, not to the release. So I can link one component only to one project.
- Dashboard displays status for project, not for project groups. This means that even when we will use "one component - one project" partitioning 
  it will be difficult to manage the whole solution without switching between different dashboards. Agree that this is huge  overhead.

Thanks.

1 Replies
Adam SAdam S
re: Max Omelchenko on Thursday, November 1, 2012
Monday, November 5, 2012

Hi Max

I think there are some misunderstandings:

1. You can number releases however you want, the "version number" can be made up of any combination of numbers and letters and could include a component prefix (for example).
  2. Jenkins links to the specific release in a specific project, not just the project itself.
  3. You can display the project dashboard for a project, release or iteration. There is a separate Project Group dashboard for project groups.

Please let us know if you have any questions about these suggestions.

Regards

Adam

Tagged
Statistics
  • Started: 11/1/2012
  • Last Reply: 11/5/2012
  • Replies: 1
  • Views: 423