Thread

Skip Navigation LinksForums > SpiraTeam Forums > SpiraTeam Issues & Questi... > Cannot move test case int...

Cannot move test case into the last listed folder RSS Feed

Friday, May 3, 2013
From some reason it's not possible to move an test case into the folder which is at the end of the list (see bellow). There must be a 2nd last folder at least.
(e.g. "Test Environment" cannot be moved into "New Folder".
I'm using Mozilla Firefox browser.

7 Replies
Adam SAdam S
re: Emir Kobilic on Friday, May 3, 2013
Friday, May 3, 2013

Hi Emir

This is a known issue in the system. The workaround is to use the Edit > Cut and Edit > Paste feature to move the item to the last position. Using Edit > Paste without an existing location selected will move it to the end of the list.

Regards

Adam

Emir KobilicEmir Kobilic
re: Adam S on Friday, May 3, 2013
Tuesday, May 7, 2013
Hi Adam
The function copy(cut)-paste does not work.
Elise B.Elise B.
re: Emir Kobilic on Tuesday, May 7, 2013
Tuesday, May 7, 2013
Hi Emir,

What happens when you try it?  You should be able to cut the "Test Environment" test case, then select Edit>Paste without any checkboxes selected.  Then it will pasted at the end of the list.  Then indent it once to make it be within the last folder.

Regards,
Elise
Emir KobilicEmir Kobilic
re: Elise B. on Tuesday, May 7, 2013
Wednesday, May 8, 2013
Hi Elise
It simply does not paste the use case. I have got the green notification "Items successfully cut to the clipboard" > select the folder where to paste it  > "Paste Items" (Loading status in process) > The test case has not been pasted.

Elise B.Elise B.
re: Emir Kobilic on Wednesday, May 8, 2013
Wednesday, May 8, 2013
Emir,

I think you are cutting the test case and then pasting it into the same spot again.  To paste at the end of the list, you have to choose Edit>Paste, with no checkboxes selected.

Regards,
Elise
Emir KobilicEmir Kobilic
re: Elise B. on Wednesday, May 8, 2013
Wednesday, May 8, 2013
I see, thank you! If I activate the checkbox next to an other test cases, the cut item will be placed above selected item.
Cheers

Zoltán MajorZoltán Major
re: Emir Kobilic on Friday, May 3, 2013
Friday, July 5, 2013
Another workaround is to put the item to second to last position, then move tha last item one up.
Tagged
Statistics
  • Started: 5/3/2013
  • Last Reply: 7/5/2013
  • Replies: 7
  • Views: 574