Skip Navigation LinksForums > SpiraTeam Forums > SpiraTeam Issues & Questi... > Reporting on Requirements...

Reporting on Requirements does not filter on parents RSS Feed

Friday, January 3, 2014

currently, there are 2 types of requirements: a real "leaf" requirement and a "parent" requirement.
This last type is for spirateam not a real requirement anymore. if a value for a specific field is set, filtering on that value will not display this parent requirement anymore. Same behavior is seen in the reporting.

But now I have a problem: my top level requirements are commercial requirements where the lower level (and leaf) requirements are more technical translations of that commercial requirement.
Both the top and the leaf requirements are linked to a release.
How am I able (via normal reporting) to only report the top (commercial) requirements. If needed, these will have a specific value for some requested field.

1 Replies
Jim R.Jim R.
re: Filip Baert on Friday, January 3, 2014
Friday, January 3, 2014
Hi Filip

The way the filtering system works is to only consider the 'leaf' requirements and it includes any parent requirements for those 'leaf' requirements that match the filter. So there is not a way right now to just filter on the parent ones.

Best Regards

• Started: 1/3/2014
  • Last Reply: 1/3/2014
  • Replies: 1
  • Views: 894