Thread

Skip Navigation LinksForums > SpiraTeam Forums > SpiraTeam Issues & Questi... > Add a new column in the ...

Add a new column in the requirements area RSS Feed

Wednesday, January 8, 2014
I want to add a new column in the requirements area to track progress of the test case status as they go from defined, writing, ready for review, in-review, reviewed, in-execution to executed.

The "Test Coverage" just doesn't give enough information

How do I do this?

Thanks,

Dana
4 Replies
Jim R.Jim R.
re: Dana R Fergusn on Wednesday, January 8, 2014
Monday, January 13, 2014
Hi Dana

You need to do the following:
  1. Go to Administration > Edit Custom Lists
  2. Create a new list containing the review statuses, enter in the different statuses
  3. Go to Administration > Edit Custom Properties
  4. Add a new custom property definition for requirements, choose Type = List and in the Options tab, choose your new lists
  5. Decide if you want to make this list required and if you want to specify a default value
  6. Now you can go to Planning > Requirements and use Show/Hide Columns to display your new column.

Regards

Jim

Dana R FergusnDana R Fergusn
re: Jim R. on Monday, January 13, 2014
Thursday, January 16, 2014
Hey Jim,

Thanks for the step by step!!! That really helped us out!

Dana
Emir KobilicEmir Kobilic
re: Dana R Fergusn on Wednesday, January 8, 2014
Monday, January 27, 2014
Hi Dana

I just came across your question and would like to ask you, how do you create test case statuses (writing, ready for review, in-review, reviewed, in-execution and executed)? I thought this is not possible in a way like in HPQC.
Regards

Emir
Dana R Fergusn
I want to add a new column in the requirements area to track progress of the test case status as they go from defined, writing, ready for review, in-review, reviewed, in-execution to executed.

The "Test Coverage" just doesn't give enough information

How do I do this?

Thanks,

Dana

Praveen SreenivasanPraveen Sreenivasan
re: Emir Kobilic on Monday, January 27, 2014
Wednesday, February 12, 2014
I have been trying to edit statuses as well for Test cases however it looks like "Edit Status" option by default is only available for Incidents in Spira Team 4.0. I dont see this option for Test Cases.As a workaround, I am not sure if the below would be feasible:

Create a custom property called "Test Case Status" for your test case. Also create a list with the values you mentioned and link this list to the Test Cases artifact. You can then use "Show/hide columns" on the Test Cases page to view your new status values against the test cases.
Statistics
  • Started: 1/8/2014
  • Last Reply: 2/12/2014
  • Replies: 4
  • Views: 987