Skip Navigation LinksForums > SpiraTeam Forums > SpiraTeam Issues & Questi... > Copy/Tweak Existing "Rele...

Copy/Tweak Existing "Release Detailed" Report to Include Incident/Task Custom Properties RSS Feed

Wednesday, February 12, 2014
I have a requirement to produce a report very similar to the current "Release Detailed" report, however we need it to include the custom properties for both Linked Incidents and Associated Tasks. I thought I might be able to copy the current detailed report and tweak it to add these properties but is seems the query the report is using must not actually return them since no matter what I do to the template of the release detailed section of the report, the custom property details do not appear. I could try creating a custom report but the criteria and other structure to the existing report is what we are after and I not sure how to even go about creating the query with the right relationships and criteria to produce the same results. Any help greatly appreciated.
2 Replies
Sarah T.Sarah T.
re: Adam Powell on Wednesday, February 12, 2014
Thursday, February 13, 2014
Hi Adam

If you run the report in the 'Raw XML' format, you will see the data that is available.

In v4.0, the custom properties of those "child entities" was not available.

However in v4.1, we have added the custom property data for Tasks and Requirements when they appear in other reports as child entities. In v4.2 we plan on doing the same for incidents.


Adam PowellAdam Powell
re: Sarah T. on Thursday, February 13, 2014
Tuesday, February 18, 2014
Thanks Sarah,

I found that when I did an XML format, the custom fields are coming out as elements in the report. I then adjusted the template to include these in my custom report.

I was hoping that would be the end of my issues but I have come across another one. Some of the custom fields I am reporting on are RTF and so I added the following to the template to get the correct data out.
    <xsl:value-of select="Custom_21" disable-output-escaping="yes"/>
The problem is that when I generate the report to Word (2003+ since that is mentioned somewhere else on your site as valid for RTF fields) I am getting mixed results. Some times the in-line images are coming out very small and at other times the field just gets cut off an the images are no included at all. I also have situations where the table row in the word table goes completely off the page.
I have found that the HTML format seems to export off the fields as I would like, but we really want to be able to use your reporting function to produce out initial draft of the release notes and HTML is just not workable without a lot of playing around to get it into word for editing.
I've got some examples in a word doc but don't know how to attach to this message.
  • Started: 2/12/2014
  • Last Reply: 2/18/2014
  • Replies: 2
  • Views: 778
Powered by KronoDesk v1.1.0.15 | © Copyright Inflectra Corporation 2011-2016 | Licensed to Inflectra Corporation.