How to add summary to top of report

Friday, March 23, 2018 6:27:45 PM

I would like to include a summary section at the top of the task report.  While I can manually update the values in the spreadsheet after I run the report. I would prefer this is dynamically done when the report is generated. I want it to look something like:

Tasks Not Started: 25

%  Not Started: 25%

Tasks In Progress :20

% In Progress: 15%

Tasks Completed: 10

% Completed: 5%

I found a reference to a test status report that did something similar. The formatting of that report is listed below. I am not sure where the path references come from and I can't seem to update it to reference tasks instead of test sets. Any ideas?

<xsl:template match="/TestSetData">
<xsl:variable name="totalPassed" select="sum(/TestSetData/TestSetFolder/TestSets/TestSet/CountPassed)"/>
<xsl:variable name="totalFailed" select="sum(/TestSetData/TestSetFolder/TestSets/TestSet/CountFailed)"/>
<xsl:variable name="totalBlocked" select="sum(/TestSetData/TestSetFolder/TestSets/TestSet/CountBlocked)"/>
<xsl:variable name="totalNotRun" select="sum(/TestSetData/TestSetFolder/TestSets/TestSet/CountNotRun)"/>
<xsl:variable name="totalExecuted" select="number($totalPassed + $totalFailed + $totalBlocked)"/>
<xsl:variable name="grandTotal" select="number($totalExecuted + $totalNotRun)"/>

1 Replies
Monday, April 2, 2018 4:40:05 PM
re: tdobbelaere on Friday, March 23, 2018 6:27:45 PM

Hi Trudy,

If you look at this blog - Writing Custom Reports - Part 2

It explains where those paths come from, they are selectors into the XML format report data that you could use in a new section you add at the top of the report.

Regards

Jim

Statistics
  • Started: Friday, March 23, 2018 6:27:45 PM
  • Last Reply: Monday, April 2, 2018 4:40:05 PM
  • Replies: 1
  • Views: 134