Thread

Skip Navigation LinksForums > SpiraTest Forums > SpiraTest Issues & Questi... > Folder Structure while up...

Folder Structure while uploading test cases from Excel addin RSS Feed

Wednesday, February 17, 2016
Hi.

I'm new to SpiraTest & I'm trying to upload test cases using the Microsoft excel Add in. Can anyone explain me how to create folders,sub-folders & place test cases inside sub-folders (using excel addin) ?

I've tried selecting the type as 'folder' in test cases sheet, but indent isn't happening properly. 

Eg for the folder structure: 

Folder 1
Sub-Folder 1.1
Test Case 1.1.1
Sub Folder 1.2
Test Case 1.2.1
Folder 2
3 Replies
Raju ArelliRaju Arelli
re: Praveen P Kumar on Wednesday, February 17, 2016
Wednesday, February 17, 2016
Praveen,

You cannot directly upload your sub folders using excel add in. Instead of that you can try the below one.
Enter the folder & Sub folder names in each row and for that select the Type as Folder .
Once you export them into spira,indent them as per your need.

Praveen P KumarPraveen P Kumar
re: Raju Arelli on Wednesday, February 17, 2016
Thursday, February 18, 2016
Thanks for the response Raju,

I have a problem in indent as well. Suppose I create child folder first(Sub-Folder 1.1)& then create parent folder (Folder 1), I'm not able to indent child folder inside parent folder, only the reverse is possible (as the child appears first in the list). 

Praveen P KumarPraveen P Kumar
re: Praveen P Kumar on Thursday, February 18, 2016
Tuesday, February 23, 2016
I think I found a way. Folder can be inserted anywhere in the middle, After inserting the folder below the cases, we can indent the cases. 
Tagged
Statistics
  • Started: 2/17/2016
  • Last Reply: 2/23/2016
  • Replies: 3
  • Views: 222