Nested Releases - Test results roll up

Friday, March 18, 2016 11:37:07 AM
Hi,

I have configured following hierarchy in Releeses tab:

Release 
-> subRelease 
---> Iteration

When I execute one testcase = create test run for the Iteration, I'm not able to populate the test results up to root parent which is Release. E.g. in Testcases tab I see just following overview

Release NOT RUN
-> subRelease FAULT
---> Iteration FAULT

I was wondering why the overall result of release is "NOT RUN"?. I have made sure the testcase are mapped to both releases and iteration.

In Spiratest forum, I have found out this related thread, with such statement:
https://www.inflectra.com/Support/Forum/spiratest/issues-questions/81.aspx

> 31. Octobber  2011
> Currently the test results will only roll-up from Sprint to Parent Release. They don't roll-up from sub-release to parent release. This was originally by design because releases were considered separate from a test results perspective. However based on feedback from customers > we're planning on making this configurable.

Is there an already solution for this issue? I'm facing a consideration of designing/mapping of our Release/Iteration/Build hierarchy to allow scalable test result filter. I would probably don't use subRelease if there is such roll up limitation. I would not make sense

Than you,
Josef
2 Replies
Friday, March 18, 2016 2:35:50 PM
re: josef.vopicka on Friday, March 18, 2016 11:37:07 AM
Hi Josef

If you look at our recent blog entry on SpiraTest v5.0 - Releases that Roll Up, you will see  that v4.2 doesn't have support for the Release > Sub-Release > Iteration reporting that you are looking for, but that it is part of our v5.0 release coming up.

Regards
Sarah
Monday, March 21, 2016 12:27:41 PM
re: inflectra.sarahx on Friday, March 18, 2016

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for your quick and kind answer. It is nice to hear that heal is upcoming.

Do you have a rough expectation when the version 5 comes out? In a month, half a year, 1 year?

In case I prepare my release structure as Release > Sub-Release > Iteration already today, will I be able to keep my work and migrate my V4.2 project to V5 in order to benefit from the Release Roll up feature?

Josef

Statistics
  • Started: Friday, March 18, 2016 11:37:07 AM
  • Last Reply: Monday, March 21, 2016 12:27:41 PM
  • Replies: 2
  • Views: 532