Skip Navigation LinksForums > SpiraTest Forums > SpiraTest Issues & Questi... > How to update the Test St...

How to update the Test Step status using the SpiraImportExport webservice reference. RSS Feed

Friday, November 30, 2012
Hi SpiraTest Support,

I would like to know, how can I update the status of a Test Step inside a Test Case using the webserice reference.

Currently I am able to get the list of test steps in a test case and its associated atributes like Test StepID , Test StepDescription ,etc.

//to retrieve list of test cases
                RemoteTestCase[] rtcList = spiraExport.TestCase_RetrieveByTestSetId(automatedTestRun.TestSetId.Value);
                int? a = rtcList[0].TestCaseId;
                int b = a.Value;
                //RemoteTestStep[] rtst =  rtcList[0].TestSteps ;
                    RemoteTestCase remoteTestCase = spiraExport.TestCase_RetrieveById(b);
                    RemoteTestStep[] remoteTestSteps = remoteTestCase.TestSteps;
                catch (Exception)

Any help is appreciated.

Satyabrata Saha
1 Replies
Adam SAdam S
re: Satyabrata Saha on Friday, November 30, 2012
Friday, November 30, 2012

Hi Satyabrata

The issue is that ExecutionStatusId is read-only for test steps since it's actually generated by recording a test run against the test case in question. To update the status you'd need to use the TestRun_Save(...) command instead. Typically you use the TestRun_CreateFromXXX functions to generate the list of test runs for a specific test case or test set. Then you iterate through the test runs, provide the ActualResult and ExecutionStatusId on all the test steps and then save the results back.

• Started: 11/30/2012
  • Last Reply: 11/30/2012
  • Replies: 1
  • Views: 448