Thread

Skip Navigation LinksForums > SpiraTest Forums > SpiraTest Issues & Questi... > Copy Test Steps to anothe...

Copy Test Steps to another Test Case RSS Feed

Friday, January 18, 2013
Is there anyway to copy test steps from one test case to another?
7 Replies
Adam SAdam S
re: vickie nurre on Friday, January 18, 2013
Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Hi Vickie

Not currently I'm afraid. You could do it indirectly by using our MS-Excel import/export add-in.

Regards

Adam

Brian KratschBrian Kratsch
re: Adam S on Tuesday, January 22, 2013
Thursday, April 18, 2013
I'd like to vote for this, it would save me time.
Miriam MuldersMiriam Mulders
re: Brian Kratsch on Thursday, April 18, 2013
Thursday, April 25, 2013
Big vote for this one from me also.
I'd like to be able to copy, or rather 'clone' the complete test case and then make the changes. Test cases for some functional area are often the same, with minimal changes.
I am currently in the process of selecting a Test Management Tool, and this is one of the criteria.
It is a time saver, and it takes away a lot of tedious work.
Ryan TurnerRyan Turner
re: Miriam Mulders on Thursday, April 25, 2013
Tuesday, October 22, 2013
Another vote for this.  Basic time saving feature that is needed.  Thinking of writing something with API as workaround in the meantime.
Jason WoudenJason Wouden
re: vickie nurre on Friday, January 18, 2013
Wednesday, February 10, 2016
Has any progress been made on this feature? We have a lot of team members who would love having this ability to copy test steps to another test case as well.
Hayley La RocheHayley La Roche
re: Jason Wouden on Wednesday, February 10, 2016
Wednesday, February 24, 2016
Hiya,
Would also like to know if there is any progress on this.  I'm not currently a customer, but trying to find an alternative for a tool that we're using that doesn't have this facility, as its something we really need.  We need to make sure that we move to a tool that has it (or will be implementing it soon) before we make the move.
Elise B.Elise B.
re: Hayley La Roche on Wednesday, February 24, 2016
Wednesday, February 24, 2016
Good news, everyone! This long-awaited enhancement has made it into our next version of SpiraTest, 5.0. It is not ready for final release yet, but a beta version will be coming out soon. Watch our website for the announcement.
Tagged
Statistics
  • Started: 1/18/2013
  • Last Reply: 2/24/2016
  • Replies: 7
  • Views: 1314