Thread

Skip Navigation LinksForums > SpiraTest Forums > SpiraTest Issues & Questi... > Is it possible to have de...

Is it possible to have dependencies between lists? RSS Feed

Monday, June 10, 2013

I am trying to work out a way of making the selection of one item in a dropdown field determine the values which appear in another dropdown field as per the following example:

Example:

• Dropdown Box 1 named 'Functional Area' and Dropdown Box 2 named 'Functional Area Sub Category'
  • If the user selects the value 'Interfaces from Box 1, only those items relating to 'interfaces' should be displayed in Box 2.

My initial thoughts would be to have a custom list called 'Functional Area' containing all of the parent values. I would then create customised lists for each functional area which would be linked to the 'Sub Category' field.

If someone could advise whether this is possible or a suitable alternative that would be a huge help.

1 Replies
Adam SAdam S
re: Simon Jones on Monday, June 10, 2013
Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Hi Simon

One option would be to use a simple list and simply add hyphens to indent the categories under each other.

Regards

Adam

Tagged
Statistics
  • Started: 6/10/2013
  • Last Reply: 6/12/2013
  • Replies: 1
  • Views: 415