Skip Navigation LinksForums > SpiraTest Forums > SpiraTest Issues & Questi... > Can same test set be assi...

Can same test set be assigned to two releases RSS Feed

Thursday, November 14, 2013
We have test sets that should be assigned to different releases at the same time. The testing can be executed parallell for these releases or with a short delay. 

Is it possible to do that or must one test run be finished before a new assignment can be made?
3 Replies
Elise B.Elise B.
re: Roland Böni on Thursday, November 14, 2013
Friday, November 15, 2013
That's an interesting question, Roland. You can only assign one release to a test set. But if you leave the release field blank, then you can choose the release at the time you start executing it. That would enable the test set to be run against different releases at the same time.
If that doesn't meet your needs, please reply with more details about your process, and we'll try to find another solution.

Charlie Rey AsubarCharlie Rey Asubar
re: Elise B. on Friday, November 15, 2013
Monday, November 18, 2013
I have the same problem.  I have test sets and in a glance I want to know to which release does this test sets been run without going through the reporting option.
Roland BöniRoland Böni
re: Elise B. on Friday, November 15, 2013
Monday, November 18, 2013
We can have several  releases for the same product (new features, maintenance or bugfix). It is not always clear which release need to be tested first and in this case by the same tester. That can be because of changes in priority or because (for example) that the needed servers are not ready/accessible yet. It's not a problem to change the release number for the test set, but I wish to allocate both test runs.
  • Started: 11/14/2013
  • Last Reply: 11/18/2013
  • Replies: 3
  • Views: 383