Rapise Database Connection

Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Hello.

I'm trying to connect to Oracle Thin database with DoAttach function. I use the default Windows driver for connecting to Oracle database (MSDAORA) but i receive the following error: "Oracle client and networking components were not found. These components are supplied but Oracle Corporation and are part of the Oracle Version 7.3.3 or later client software installation.".

I installed Oracle Client 12c and created DSN in the "ODBC Data Source Administrator (32-bit)" and receive the following errors: "Error : ODBC driver does not support the requested properties. error name:Error error description:ODBC driver does not support the requested properties." and "Error : [Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error  error name:Error error description:[Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error" after i change the connection string syntax.

After all this i wrote mu own code in JavaScript, using  ActiveXObject('ADODB.Connection'), that successfully connects to the database with the same connection string.

• CONNECTION STRING: Driver={Oracle in OraClient12Home1_32bit};Data Source=[Name of DSN i cteated];User Id=[DbUsername];Password=[DbPassword];
  • CONNECTION STRING WITH PROVIDER: 'Provider=MSDAORA;Server=jdbc:oracle:thin:@[host]:[port]/[service];User ID=[DbUsername];Password=[DbPassword];';
  •  var QUERY='select * from users';
  •  Database.DoAttach(CONNECTION, QUERY);
  • ODBC CONNECTION STRING:Driver={Oracle in OraClient12Home1_32bit};DSN=[Name of DSN i cteated];UID=[DbUsername];PWD=[DbPassword];

Can i use any external driver, file, extension to be able to connect to Oracle Database?

1 Replies
Wednesday, October 31, 2018
re: marko.churlinoski Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Hi Marko,

Could you please send us a help desk ticket so that we can more individually assist you?

Thanks

Jim

Statistics
  • Started: Wednesday, October 31, 2018
  • Last Reply: Wednesday, October 31, 2018
  • Replies: 1
  • Views: 834