Please support left-handed users

Thursday, November 3, 2011
Hello Inflectra,

I am a left-handed mouse user. This gives me problems when recording and playing back a script.

When the program is in record mode, it tends to treat both buttons as a left-hand click, preventing any mouse navigation.

Upon replaying the script, any click commands are replaced with left-hand context clicks instead.

Please help.

Roames
6 Replies
Thursday, November 3, 2011
re: ROAMES Thursday, November 3, 2011
We have asked our development group to investigate. Will keep you posted.
Friday, November 4, 2011
re: inflectra.david Thursday, November 3, 2011

Can you confirm. When recording in left-handed mode, all mouse clicks using the right-mouse button (which should be treated as a normal click) are causing the same action to occur as a left-click (context-menu click)?

If you record using right-handed mode using the left button, when you switch it back to left-handed mode, does it playback correctly?

The following article may help: https://www.inflectra.com/Rapise/Guides.aspx?feature=Working-with-Context-Menus

Wednesday, November 9, 2011
re: inflectra.david Thursday, November 3, 2011
We have reproduced the issue when recording Internet Explorer web applications, it doesn't appear to affect some other application types (e.g. Windows MFC apps). We are investigating for inclusion into a future release of Rapise. Thanks for bringing it to our attention. For now we'd recommend temporarily switching the mouse buttons back during recording activities.
Wednesday, November 9, 2011
re: inflectra.david Wednesday, November 9, 2011
Hi Inflectra,

Thanks for following this up. I wish to confirm that this is affecting all recording for me. Even thick clients. And also Firefox.

Your steps to reproduce are correct. In left-handed mode (during recording), both button clicks are treated the same way.

However, if I record in right handed mode, and play back with the mouse in left, I think it's ok.
Thursday, November 10, 2011
re: ROAMES Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Hi Nick

Good news, we have fixed the issue on the v1.3 codebase and will be releasing an updated version in the next couple of weeks. Once the update is posted we shall update this thread.

Friday, January 27, 2012
re: inflectra.david Thursday, November 10, 2011

We just released v1.3.1 of Rapise that fixes this issue.

Spira Helps You Deliver Quality Software, Faster and With Lower Risk

And if you have any questions, please email or call us at +1 (202) 558-6885

Statistics
  • Started: Thursday, November 3, 2011
  • Last Reply: Friday, January 27, 2012
  • Replies: 6
  • Views: 3527