Merge Incidents

Thursday, January 8, 2015
6 Replies
Thursday, January 8, 2015
re: bpatterson.consortium Thursday, January 8, 2015
Can't seem to see the post, so I will post it again.

We have found with several users that we get multiple incidents opened for similar issues with slight differences that can all have 1 resolution, is there any way in which we can merge/link incidents so that accessing one incident will show all the related incidents?
Friday, January 9, 2015
re: bpatterson.consortium Thursday, January 8, 2015
Hi Benjamin,

Yes, you can create associations between incidents. Simply go to the "Associations" tab on the incident detail page and click on "Add". In addition, you may want to set the incident status to "duplicate" 
Monday, January 12, 2015
re: inflectra.kat Friday, January 9, 2015
Hello,

Thanks for the help, I've looked at associations and that does work but if possible we would like to merge incidents so that a response on one incident would also show on any that have been linked.

Is this something that we can do?

Thanks,

Ben
Monday, January 12, 2015
re: bpatterson.consortium Monday, January 12, 2015
Hi Ben,

Not at this time. But it is on our list of potential future enhancements.

Regards,
Elise
Friday, July 31, 2015
re: inflectra.kat Monday, January 12, 2015
Elise, 
Just reading this thread. Can we link Incidents across different projects within SpiraTeam?
I know you can associate Indcidents within the 1 project, but can you click on a totally different project and create an association to an incident in there? Sincerely, Ruth
Wednesday, August 5, 2015
re: ICTL Friday, July 31, 2015
Hi Ruth,

Not yet. In version 4.2, associations can only be established within a project. However, cross-project associations are planned for our next major release (5.0).

Regards,
Elise

Spira Helps You Deliver Quality Software, Faster and With Lower Risk

And if you have any questions, please email or call us at +1 (202) 558-6885

Statistics
  • Started: Thursday, January 8, 2015
  • Last Reply: Wednesday, August 5, 2015
  • Replies: 6
  • Views: 2880