manually indicate Requirements status

Friday, October 2, 2015
I and my team are new to SPIRATEST and I have a question.  Is there a manual way to easily and quickly indicate a specific requirement has a) passed b) failed  c) deficient or d) not tested and possibly have a bar graph indicating this status on "my page" , without having to custom build test cases? 

I test a lot of small custom built software apps that have a very limited user base, so expending time crafting test cases with step by step detail is not always the best and most efficient way to utilize my scarce test resources.

Thanks

2 Replies
Wednesday, October 7, 2015
re: erwhitejr2019 Friday, October 2, 2015
Hi Royce,

That's an interesting question. I can think of two approaches that might work.

1. Use SpiraTest as it was designed, but with the simplest possible test cases. Create one test case for each requirement. (It's easy to do on the main Requirement list with Tools -> Create Test Cases.) Then you'd have to put at least one test step in each test case so that you could run it. "Execute" each test case and choose pass, fail, caution, or blocked. You can even enter incidents and/or associate the test run with an existing incident. Then, on the project home page, the built-in "Requirements Coverage" bar graph will show the current status.

2. Don't use test cases at all. Then the test coverage field will be irrelevant, and you would use only the requirement "status" field. Right now, the list of potential statuses is fixed (requested, accepted, in progress, developed, tested, etc.) and may not be quite what you want. Also you'd need to customize the requirement workflow. Then, on the project home page, you could look at the built-in "Requirements Summary" table to see the current status.

If you have specific questions after exploring these options, let us know.

Regards,
Elise

Wednesday, October 7, 2015
re: inflectra.kat Wednesday, October 7, 2015
Understood. I made a requirements custom field (list) that has the dropdown fields/granularity I desire.  This will work for us. Just thought there was a way to do it inside the established data items/tyrpe in SpiraTest.

Thanks

Spira Helps You Deliver Quality Software, Faster and With Lower Risk

And if you have any questions, please email or call us at +1 (202) 558-6885

Statistics
  • Started: Friday, October 2, 2015
  • Last Reply: Wednesday, October 7, 2015
  • Replies: 2
  • Views: 2086