JIRA SecurityLevel Integration with SpiraTest

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Hi,

I have configured integration of JIRA with SpiraTest and its working fine. But SecurityLevel in JIRA is not integrated with SpiraTest. I have followed below steps.

1. Created a custom property (Security Level)

2. Edited workflows for the custom property in SpiraTest.

3. Then, configured mapping. Updated ExternalKey for the custom property as SecurityLevel and updated respective level's IDs from JIRA as external keys for each level. (As mentioned in integration guide pdf)

4. Here 10000, 10001, 10002 are the External Keys(IDs) of security level in JIRA.

5. But itGÇÖs not integrating.(No errors in event viewer)

So, I will greatly appreciate if you guys provide me solutions for the below.

1. WhatGÇÖs wrong here?

2. Also how that Issue Security Level will affect SpiraTest to restrict the view permission for specified users as in JIRA? (Normally JIRA sets view permission to specified level users only for the issue)

Thanks,
Shanmugavel.C

2 Replies
Wednesday, December 7, 2011
re: scsvel Wednesday, December 7, 2011
Forgot to mention. Updated Custom2 as True. Still not working. Any ideas?
Wednesday, December 14, 2011
re: scsvel Wednesday, December 7, 2011

It sounds like the configuration you have is correct. I'd recommend sending a ticket to support@inflectra.com so that you can get more personalized support. However, could you let us know if there are any errors being logged in the Application Event Log in SpiraTest and also you didn't mention, are the SpiraTest incidents actually making their way into JIRA?

Are you also sure that the DataSyncService is actually running? Either you'll get an error message or the incident will appear in JIRA.

Spira Helps You Deliver Quality Software, Faster and With Lower Risk

And if you have any questions, please email or call us at +1 (202) 558-6885

Statistics
  • Started: Wednesday, December 7, 2011
  • Last Reply: Wednesday, December 14, 2011
  • Replies: 2
  • Views: 2218