Error on import for 3.2 to 3.2 move

Wednesday, March 12, 2014
We are getting everything in place for our upgrade to 4.1 (finally), and the best process that we settled upon was to install 3.2 on the target Server, migrate all of the projects, then upgrade to 4.1.  For all of our small projects (like the ones that are in place for upcoming development), this went smoothly.  For the first one that is larger, or actually in use, there is an error occurring in the import phase:
"[2014-03-12T13:35:56] **ERROR** Thread_Import.stp12_TestRuns()
Loading Test Runs
[System.ArgumentException] An item with the same key has already been added.
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)
   at Inflectra.SpiraTest.Utilities.ProjectMigration.Thread_Import.stp12_TestRuns()"

This happens after about 10 minutes of import process, and apparently before the Requirements have been imported, which means my project is not usable on the new server.

Is there a way I can migrate this project directly in SQL management console?  Or something I can do to address the error in the source?  Or... something?
2 Replies
Wednesday, March 12, 2014
re: ygagnon Wednesday, March 12, 2014
Hi Yves

This is an unnecessarily complex way of upgrading. I would instead recommend the following:

1. Install v3.2 on the new server
  2. Delete the sample database
  3. Now restore a backup of your v3.2 database from the older server (using SQL Server Management Studio)
  4. Copy across the Attachments folder from the old server to the new server
  5. Then run the v4.1 MSI installation package on top of your existing installation to upgrade the application and database to v4.1.

Regards

Adam

Thursday, March 13, 2014
re: inflectra.david Wednesday, March 12, 2014
That sounds awesome and much more... simple.  Working on it now!

Spira Helps You Deliver Quality Software, Faster and With Lower Risk

And if you have any questions, please email or call us at +1 (202) 558-6885

Statistics
  • Started: Wednesday, March 12, 2014
  • Last Reply: Thursday, March 13, 2014
  • Replies: 2
  • Views: 1762