Skip Navigation LinksHome Page > Forums > Rapise Forums > Rapise Issues & Questions > Sending Input to a Date F...
Has anyone ever used Rapise to automate the action of sending input to a field expecting a date value? I'm trying to do this in a Microsoft Dynamics 365 Sales application and can't seem to get it to work inside Rapise. Here's the breakdown of the tasks and what Rapise does:
What I Try To Record:
1. Click on a drop-down menu (a calendar is expected to appear inside the menu)
2. Click on a date in the calendar that will appear in the date field
What Rapise Records:
1. Click on the drop-down menu
What's strange is the calendar does not pop-up even though the steps executed in the trp file shows that Rapise clicked the field. I've also tried to record typing the date manually, but Rapise doesn't seem to want to record that either. Including a line in my JS file that looks like this:
doesn't seem to work for me either. Does anyone have any ideas why I can't get Rapise to fill in this field? Any help would be appreciated.
When recording Date fields first click on a label. Here is the sequence:
1. Click on the label to make the edit field active
2. Enter date string (e.g. 3/6/2018)
3. Press tab to move focus away from the field
This will generate the code:
Here is also a sample test that creates a new task in CRM (it sets the Due date)
More about Dynamics 365 for Sales testing: