Skip Navigation LinksForums > SpiraTeam Forums > SpiraTeam Issues & Questi... > How to bulk import, test ...

How to bulk import, test results RSS Feed

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

We currently have a large number of tests that can be executed automatically outside of SpiraTeam (the tests already exist as manual tests within SpiraTeam).
It would save a lot of time if these results could be imported in bulk (perhaps from an excel sheet/xml file) rather than having to "run" the testcases within SpiraTeam.
The solution would also have to be able to set custom properties.

Is there any functionality to do this?

2 Replies
Sarah T.Sarah T.
re: Mark Southward on Wednesday, March 2, 2016
Wednesday, March 2, 2016
Hi Mark

I have good news! The MS-Excel Add-In for SpiraTeam has a special 'Test Runs' tab that will let you do exactly what you wish - you can bulk import the test results with a pass/fail status.

If you have any questions, please send over an email to our support team or log a help desk ticket.

Mark SouthwardMark Southward
re: Sarah T. on Wednesday, March 2, 2016
Thursday, March 3, 2016
Hi Sarah,

That's great news!

I've had a look at the SpiraImportTemplate2010.xls file but there is no column(s) for custom properties against the testrun results (for example we have a custom property which records the internal node that the test was run on).
Do I just add a column in to reflect the name?

I notice there is also a tab for Custom values but i think this is for importing new values?

• Started: 3/2/2016
  • Last Reply: 3/3/2016
  • Replies: 2
  • Views: 2274