Proposal: redesign workflow settings

Monday, November 15, 2021

Currently is is possible to use only radio-buttons to choose should this field be shown/hidden and etc.

But in reality we may have a situation that this particular field on a step "Completed" should be hidden+Required or Disabled+Required that currently it is not possible to set using radio-buttons.

May advice you to switch from radio-buttons to check-boxes and the mission will be completed. So not a big deal, but that will make eveybody's lives easier.

5 Replies
Monday, November 15, 2021
re: ilyapolyakov Monday, November 15, 2021

It used to be checkboxes, but it does not make sense because hidden  + required does not work (for example) so we switched them to radio buttons to avoid people making contradictory settings.

Tuesday, November 16, 2021
re: inflectra.david Monday, November 15, 2021

David, it works:

• Disabled+Required means that it should be filled during previous workflow step, but can not change on a current. For example, at Complete status you can not change actual effort as it was reviewed by project manager, but you need to filll it previous stage.
  • Hidden  + required is about the same. You need to fill a value before a transition goes but you don't need to see it as it used only in custom reports.
re: ilyapolyakov Monday, November 15, 2021

It doesn't work because the setting only applies for the destination status.

That's why we switched them to radios.

re: inflectra.david Tuesday, November 16, 2021

So make the field required for Status A

and hidden for Status B.

That will do the same thing.

where A --> B

Wednesday, November 17, 2021
re: inflectra.david Tuesday, November 16, 2021

It doesn't work because the setting only applies for the destination status.

And it will work:

such settings "Disabled+Required" will prevent us from the transition till the field is filled. Example:

1. From "In Progress" status I am trying to move to "Completed" (where Disabled+Required).
  2. Till the field is filled is won't allow us to go there as the field is Required
  3. After we move there and status is Completed, a field will be read-only.

That's what I need! Try please, it works separately, behaviour is as I wrote, but I need both options.

Statistics
  • Started: Monday, November 15, 2021
  • Last Reply: Wednesday, November 17, 2021
  • Replies: 5
  • Views: 93