Reusing and reordering tasks

Thursday, February 13, 2014 11:51:40 AM
Hello

I am currently doing some release planning for a new development project. In every release, I have a set of requirements that will be fulfilled as part of that development. I have then broken down the requirements into tasks i.e. Requirement sign-off, System development, Functional testing, UAT, Pre-implementation checks & Deployment in LIVE. As these tasks will remain the same for all requirements, my question is as below:

- Currently I have to create these tasks for every requirement. I dont have the ability to copy tasks across different requirements as well. 
- Once the tasks have been created, I cant reorder them and it often turns out that I have to delete and recreate them from the scratch if I missed the sequence.

I also thought of using the TEMPLATE spreadsheet if it may be useful; however there is no column in the TASKS sheet template where I can mention my task name.

Please advise.

2 Replies
Thursday, February 13, 2014 3:19:38 PM
re: praveens84 on Thursday, February 13, 2014 11:51:40 AM
Hi Praveen

I'd recommend upgrading to v4.1. The reason is that in this version we added the feature whereby if you copy a requirement, the tasks now get copied as well.

Regards

Sarah.
Thursday, February 13, 2014 3:31:32 PM
re: inflectra.sarahx on Thursday, February 13, 2014
Hello Sarah

Thanks for the quick response.

Could you also comment whether 4.1 will allow me to reorder tasks? Also, whether I can use the excel TEMPLATE in 4.1. to create tasks?

Regards
Praveen

Statistics
  • Started: Thursday, February 13, 2014 11:51:40 AM
  • Last Reply: Thursday, February 13, 2014 3:31:32 PM
  • Replies: 2
  • Views: 1469