User wants us to create a custom report from Spira using Spira db tables - where I get a list of Spira db tables?

Monday, August 18, 2014 3:13:33 PM
Hello - 'would it be possible to have read permissions granted on the SPIRA database tables for the user Jasper? E.g. tst_incident, tst_project, etc'.

I got the above request from a user.
He wants us to create a report for a named user (Jasper, as in JasperSoft) to run off queries from Spira db tables tst_incident, tst_project...

*Where can I find a list of SpiraTeam db tables?
* How do I create a custom report using SQL for basic queries in Spira, i.e. not the embedded reports?
Many thanks, Ruth

2 Replies
Tuesday, August 19, 2014 3:12:43 PM
re: ICTL on Monday, August 18, 2014 3:13:33 PM
Hi Ruth

Assuming that you're running v4.0 or later of SpiraTeam, you don't need to do this.

You can create custom reports directly against the system using the web-based reporting that comes with the system:
  1. Click on Administration > System > Edit Reports
  2. Choose the option to create a new report
  3. Choose to add a new 'Custom Section' to the report
  4. For this new custom section, choose the appropriate reportable entity (e.g. Incidents corresponds to the TST_INCIDENT table, plus all its joined entities in an easy to report-on view)
  5. This will generate a SQL query that looks like select value R from SpiraTestEntities.R_Incident where PROJECT_ID = ${ProjectId}
  6. Then click on 'Generate Default Template'
  7. This will populate the XSLT for generating a simple table containing the data in this query
  8. Save the report

You can then use more advanced SQL to join tables, do aggregations, etc.

Tuesday, August 26, 2014 11:15:24 AM
re: inflectra.jimx on Tuesday, August 19, 2014
Thanks Jim.
  • Started: Monday, August 18, 2014 3:13:33 PM
  • Last Reply: Tuesday, August 26, 2014 11:15:24 AM
  • Replies: 2
  • Views: 1234