JIRA Integration - Which are absolute, mandatory fields?

Tuesday, June 19, 2018 8:24:32 PM

When creating a new JIRA synchronization, which fields are absolutely required?

In particular, I would wish to NOT synchronize release/versions nor components. The way our JIRA projects are managed does not match up with our SpiraTest implementation and these fields serve different purposes between the two tools. I can live with components syncing, but absolutely not releases. This would balloon the information on the Releases page in SpiraTest to something large and unwieldy.

2 Replies
Wednesday, June 20, 2018 6:48:40 AM
re: alburyd on Tuesday, June 19, 2018 8:24:32 PM

Hi

If you map Components, it will synchronize the value of a requirement or incident's component.

For Releases and Iterations, it does not synchronize the entire list, it simply synchronizes the ones that are in use by  a specific item. If you explicitly map the releases between the two systems, it will not add new ones.

For more specific recommendations, I'd raise a help desk ticket.

Regards

Adam

Wednesday, June 20, 2018 12:43:26 PM
re: alburyd on Tuesday, June 19, 2018 8:24:32 PM

Thank you, Adam.

I simply wanted to know which fields are required when synchronizing with JIRA. In our JIRA, each build is considered a release in order to correctly track version numbers of the system. However, in SpiraTest we have a single parent release with all of the builds added through the API - so I don't really have anything in either system that could map to each other as releases go.

I will submit a help ticket when the time comes for us to set up the service.

Statistics
  • Started: Tuesday, June 19, 2018 8:24:32 PM
  • Last Reply: Thursday, June 21, 2018 6:47:56 PM
  • Replies: 2
  • Views: 222