Folders in test case view

Friday, December 2, 2011 9:19:33 AM
If I have a test case in a folder and I want to move it to another empty folder I find it unbelievably difficult to do so.

If I drag it to the folder in the Test List nothing happens

If I drag it to just below a folder it will add it at the same indentation as the folder but not inside the folder

Same issue if I try to cut and paste

If I add a new child test case to the folder then I can drag the existing test case to the folder between the folder name and the child test case.

5 Replies
Friday, December 2, 2011 5:55:28 PM
re: tl on Friday, December 2, 2011 9:19:33 AM

The system works a bit like Excel so that you may need to do an Indent after moving the item just below the empty folder. Have you tried that?

Wednesday, December 7, 2011 8:08:03 AM
re: inflectra.adam on Friday, December 2, 2011
Thank you for the answer, it works

I still think that dropping a file to a folder should add the file to the folder.
Monday, May 6, 2013 1:36:04 PM
re: tl on Wednesday, December 7, 2011
I quite agree!  this is not very good functionality at all
Monday, December 30, 2013 7:39:17 AM
re: inflectra.adam on Friday, December 2, 2011
Hello Adam,

I think this is a by-pass method and not much user friendly. If there is at-least one test case in the destination folder then copied test case moves inside it easily. No need to use Indent but when it is empty, it requires Indent.

Drag-drop or cut-copy-paste functionality is for empty folder is not correct.

Thanks,
Avnish
Friday, January 23, 2015 10:25:42 AM
re: tl on Friday, December 2, 2011 9:19:33 AM
Hi there,

While attempting to move folders within Spira's Test Case List, what do Inflectra suggest for "promoting" Functional Tests to Regression Tests? The reason why I am frustrated is that all I want to do is move a folder of tests from a Functional folder to a Regression folder and have tried all forms of indent and outdent and am getting nowhere.

What are the rules for moving a folder? Must the folder to be moved be more "out-dented" than the destination folder? If I indent my Regression folder then I will cause havoc within the Test Case List.

Moreover, what do Inflectra suggest for promoting functional tests to regression tests?

Thanks,

Eoin.
Statistics
  • Started: Friday, December 2, 2011 9:19:33 AM
  • Last Reply: Friday, January 23, 2015 10:25:42 AM
  • Replies: 5
  • Views: 2781