Claiming New and Improved Versions that arent

Wednesday, January 11, 2017
Version 5.x of SpiraTest claimed to host a slew of new features and improvements.After about a month of playing with it, I haven't been able to find much of an upgrade from the 4.2 version. I'm sure there is "back-end" updates that may improve performance or stability... but there is definitely a lack of new capability or even a loss of capability in this "new" release.  Maybe I'm missing something, but so far - the new Release has been a bust for our project. Actually considering rolling back to 4.2.x. I would suggest that if a "new" release is claimed, make sure that the feature list is the same if not better than the last by a good margin. And don't break or remove things that worked in the older versions.
1 Replies
Wednesday, January 11, 2017
re: bkstigler Wednesday, January 11, 2017
Hi Brian

I'm sorry that you feel this way, 99% of our existing customers really like the new version: the support for the workflows, the easier to navigate test case and test set folders, the ability to sort test cases and test sets, the ability to have test set parameters, the electronic signatures, the enhancements to the user interface, the new rich text editor that supports image pasting, the cross-project associations, and many other enhancements.

For 1% of our customers that were used to certain idiosyncrasies of Spira v4.2 (how the test case folders and test set folders worked) they have found it quite a big adjustment. You are of course welcome to stay using v4.2 if you prefer.

Regards

Adam

Spira Helps You Deliver Quality Software, Faster and With Lower Risk

And if you have any questions, please email or call us at +1 (202) 558-6885

Statistics
  • Started: Wednesday, January 11, 2017
  • Last Reply: Wednesday, January 11, 2017
  • Replies: 1
  • Views: 10334