We are pleased to announce the release of SpiraTest, SpiraPlan and SpiraTeam, the latest version of our award-winning requirements management, test management and agile project-planning ALM suite.
The new version features a completely redesigned interface that allows the whole application to be used seamlessly on all mobile and desktop devices, a new test execution wizard as well as support for test case/release workflows and digital signatures.
The following new features have been added in this release:
- Approval status for test cases- [RQ:914]
- Tab that displays linked test sets- [RQ:1328]
- Historical Test Run Report- [RQ:645]
- Manipulate Components through the API- [RQ:1855]
- Workflow for test cases- [RQ:1699]
- Support for electronic signatures on specific workflow transitions- [RQ:1792]
- Components can include test cases- [RQ:1793]
- Workflow for releases- [RQ:1794]
- Ability to scale fields and display custom properties on test execution wizard- [RQ:1797]
- Ability to have Document custom properties- [RQ:1798]
- Ability to track Documents history- [RQ:1807]
- Add CORS support to the v5.0 REST API- [RQ:1821]
- Releases can be categorized into different types- [RQ:1824]
- Releases can have different statuses- [RQ:1825]
- Screenshot annotation capture tools- [RQ:1830]
- All pages are fully responsive to different devices (desktop, mobile, etc.) - [RQ:1832]
- Releases can have execution status / task progress roll-up multiple levels- [RQ:1839]
- Encrypt password and other secure global settings- [RQ:1851]
- Can set test case parameter values at the test set level- [RQ:1854]
The full release notes and product documentation are available online:
How do I upgrade to Spira 5.0?
If you are a self-hosted customer, then you can go ahead and download/install v5.0 from the secure https://www.inflectra.com/CustomerArea/ https://www.inflectra.com/CustomerArea/ of our website (please read the Administration / Installation Guide first).
If you are hosted by Inflectra then we shall be upgrading your cloud instance to v5.0 during a weekend maintenance window. You will receive a separate email from our support team scheduling your upgrade.