How do I get the Migration Tool?
You can download the new TestLink importer tool from the SpiraTest Add-Ons and Downloads section:
How does the Migration Work?
The migration tool is a simple wizard that connects to PractiTest via its REST API and downloads all the Users, Test Cases, Test Sets, Test Runs, Issues, Requirements and Attachments from PractiTest. It then connects to SpiraTest using its SOAP API and imports the corresponding data seamlessly and effortlessly into SpiraTest.
The migration tool will import the following artifacts from PractiTest:
- The project name
- Users (not their roles and permissions)
- Defects (imported as Incidents)
- Test cases with their steps (if defined)
- Test Sets
- Test Runs
- Attachments for test cases, test sets, requirements and incidents
- Associations and test coverage with requirements
Where Can I Learn More?
For more information on using the PractiTest importer, please refer to the Migrating from PractiTest Guide.