Support for Testing SAP Hana UI5 Applications
We are very excited to have added support for testing and automating the SAP Hana ERP Platform. Rapise is already a proven solution for other complex ERP and CRM applications such as Microsoft Dynamics and Salesforce, and now that power and flexibility has finally come to the SAP ecosystem.
Rapise 6.3 comes with a new web library dedicated to testing SAP UI5. This provides support for the SAP UI5 (Fiori) platform itself, plus any other non-SAP applications that are using the same OpenUI5 web toolkit.
When you try and test SAP applications using just open source tools such as Selenium or many other testing tools not specifically designed for SAP, the results are pretty poor. This is because the SAP user interface is sophisticated and uses dynamic elements, hidden layers and other elements that make testing by hand quite challenging. The dedicated support in Rapise makes this much easier. Pages that would take several days to automate by hand using Selenium can be created in Rapise in less than an hour.
In addition, the new Self-Healing Mode available in Rapise v6.2 was a crucial foundation from which we were able to create the SAP support in Rapise. The unique Rapise self-healing engine helps deal with complex cases in SAP and makes playback much more reliable.
Ability to Run Rapise Tests in a Container using NodeJS
We are excited to announce another amazing new feature in Rapise v6.3 - running web and mobile tests under NodeJS. This lets you execute Rapise tests not just on Windows where Rapise is typically installed to write tests, but in other places - on Macs, Linux, containers such as Docker or Kubernetes, and build pipelines such as Azure DevOps pipelines, CircleCI, TravisCI and GitHub pipelines.
- Local Browser and Mobile profiles [IN:4916]
- Add Assertions from Web Spy [IN:4937]
- Start at Logon option in RapiseLauncher [IN:4901]
- Cookie handling to REST service testing module [IN:3262]
TODOrows in reports [IN:4329]
- UIAutomation2 locator [IN:5289]
- RPA Monitor for RPA Agents [IN:5400]
RVL Enhancements & Improvements
- Dropdowns.xlsx to define dropdown values for any action called from RVL [IN:5357]
- Password parameter type [IN:5326]
- RVL.DoPlayTest with custom parameters [IN:5299]
- Tester.GetParam to read parameters passed via RVL.DoPlayTest [IN:5312]
- Global.DoLoadObjects is now a part of preamble [IN:5339]
- Copy+Paste of cell region [IN:5324]
- Clear cell region [IN:5322]
- Show only non-global objects for param type - objectid [IN:4600]
Find Object in Treefor row, not for
Objectcell only [IN:4990]
- Open as Spreadsheet in file context menu for RVL [IN:5323]
- Drag&Drop of
*.rvl.xlsxinto RVL should generate RVL.DoPlayScript [IN:5325]
- Drag&Drop Objects.js as Global.DoLoadObjects in JS and RVL [IN:5338]
New Object API
- Navigator.NativeEvents [IN:5297]
- Navigator.DoWaitFor [IN:5298]
- Navigator.DoClickWhileOnScreen [IN:4602]
- Navigator.DoClickUntilOnScreen [IN:4602]
- Global.SetConfigPath [IN:5310]
- Global.GetRapiseVersion [IN:5300]
- HTMLObject.DoSelect now supports UL and OL lists [IN:5305]
- Ability to pass Firefox args and prefs from Selenium Settings dialog [IN:5266]
- Save As in Image Viewer [IN:5223]
- Show Warnings tab on test open and save only [IN:5235]
- Always show last report as just 'Report' instead of full name [IN:5236]
- Replace Source Modified Message Box with less annoying, non blocking notifier [IN:5237]
- Show error if we can not Flash/Highlight object because it's coordinates are null [IN:5359]
- Display error message if out.log is locked by another process [IN:5351]
- Support for Unicode symbols in Object IDs (Hebrew, Chinese, etc) [IN:5286]
- In WebSpy add context menu Learn for DOM elements in the tree [IN:5306]
The full list of release notes are available on our website as well.
See the New Features in Action
The following video shows the new Rapise v6.3 in action:
How Do I Get the New Version?
You can get the latest version right away by going to the secure Customer Area of our website.
If you have any questions about the new version, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.